The world of microbes and their invisible existence
PreçoR$ 89,0010% OFF
Por:R$ 80,105x de R$ 16,02 no cartão
Seja Premium e
pague apenas: R$ 48.06
pague apenas: R$ 48.06
The diversity of the microbial world is largely unknown and, of that which is known, the diversity is spectacular. It is estimated that we know fewer than 1% of the microbial species on Earth. That is why estimating the number of species is among the great challenges in this field. We have lacked the tools to truly estimate the number of microorganisms in the environment. Therefore, the advent of new sequencing technology provides a large pool of new information which in combination with the microbial isolation methods offers a view of the extensive microbial diversity. In this minicourse, the soil microbiologist expert Dr. Afnan Khalil A. Suleiman will give you an extensive overview about the invisible world of microorganisms.
In this course you will learn about:
- Microbial relationships, such as parasitism and competition
- Soil microbial processes, such as from the C and N cycles
- Organization of prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells
- Microorganism cultivation methods
- Molecular techniques such as DNA extraction and next generation sequencing (NGS)
Minicourse • The world of microbes and their invisible existence
Start the minicourse by understanding the microbial relationships with the environment and soil processes. Then, distinguish the cellular organization of eukaryotic and prokaryotic microorganisms and learn how microorganisms are isolated, cultivated and counted in the laboratory. Finally, find out how the molecular methods help to isolate and quantify DNA from a specific sample and then learn about the microbial diversity and functions present in the soil.
This course is for you who like to watch video classes in which the teacher explains the content and wants to know more about the world of microorganisms, their ecology and interactions with the environment and the techniques available for their isolation and molecular detection.
This course is not advised for those who prefer shorter videos and read texts. Furthermore, this course is not recommended for someone who knows everything about microbiology or someone who is not interested to get deeper knowledge about the subject of cultivation or molecular biology techniques.
The minicourse is 100% online. You can watch it whenever you want, according to your time and availability. With a total workload of 5 hours, the course consists of 4 recorded video lessons, in addition to the following materials:
- 1 booklet with the summary of the content, available for download;
- 1 case study with examples of practical application of the content presented;
- 1 assessment to test your knowledge.
The course can be paid in cash via bank slip, or via credit card, or in up to 5 interest-free on the credit card.
- Only support material is available for download;
- To complete the course and release your certificate and complete the course, it is necessary to obtain an average equal to or greater than 65% of correct answers;
- To access the courses, you just need access to the internet and any of the following browsers, in their respective versions or more recent: Edge 15, Firefox 54, Chrome 51, Safari 10 and Opera 38.
For more information about this product, click the button below:
Afnan Khalil A. Suleiman